CeMAP 2 & CeMAP 3 – Online Home Study Course
The Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) is the leading qualification for people who wish to become qualified mortgage advisors. This online home study course covers both CeMAP 2 & CeMAP 3 simultaneously – there are 4 units in the syllabus:
- Unit 3 – Mortgage Law and Practice
- Unit 4 – Mortgage Applications
- Unit 5 – Repayment Methods and Products
- Unit 6 – Mortgage Arrears and Post Completion
- An assessment of mortgage advice and knowledge
What is included?
- 24/7 access to our online training portal for 12 months
- Clear and logical video training content for each topic within the units
- Access to past exam papers to help you practice
- Our CeMAP mini-tests for every topic taken from sample exam questions
- Telephone and email support
- Beacon Financial Training is one of only a handful of Accredited Learning Support Providers (ALSPs) for the London Institute of Banking & Finance, which is the examination body for CeMAP qualifications.
- Our Video Content – We think our video content is the very best available featuring our lead CeMAP trainer (with over 15 years of CeMAP training experience), explaining in detail everything you’ll need to know to pass the CeMAP exams.
- Flexibility – study our video courses whenever you wish, no fixed course dates or times so 24/7 access
- Reinforcement – Play, pause, rewind and repeat as many times as you like – options not open to live courses.
- Support – Support is provided by our lead trainer and included in all packages.
- Cost – Our home study courses are significantly cheaper than classroom courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
CeMAP is the recognised industry standard qualification for mortgage advisors. Achieving this qualification will help you launch your new career. The qualification is divided into a set of seven units spread across 3 modules (CeMAP 1, 2 & 3).
In three modules, you'll explore; the purpose and structure of the UK financial services industry, the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) main aims, activities and relevant Conduct of Business rules, the house-buying process and parties involved, the different types of customers and mortgages, and how to assess the affordability and suitability of different mortgage options and associated products.
The qualification will equip you with the expertise you need to give mortgage advice.
At Beacon Financial Training, we don’t assume you have any prior knowledge. We pride ourselves at being able to take someone with no background experience or knowledge, and guide them through CeMAP training, and get them CeMAP qualified.
The CeMAP exams are facilitated by The London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF).
We are one of only a few Accredited Learning Support Providers (ALSPs) for the LIBF, but only the LIBF can host your examination. Our job is to prepare you for successfully passing the LIBF’s exams with our training and development courses.
Please note, our training course fees do not include the registration fees which are payable to the LIBF which you will need to pay in order to sit the exams. These are £185 per module (there are 3 modules in total). Their telephone number is 01227 818609 or you can visit them online at www.libf.com
You will be assessed for each module by a two-hour electronic multiple-choice exam.
Module 1 (CeMAP 1), UK Financial Regulation (UKFR) – two units with 50 multiple-choice questions for each unit
Module 2 (CeMAP 2), Mortgages (MORT) – four units with 25 multiple-choice questions for each unit
Module 3 (CeMAP 3), Assessment of Mortgage Advice Knowledge (ASSM) – one unit with six case studies, each with ten linked multiple-choice questions
You can choose when to take your CeMAP exams and pick from test centres nationwide or through remote invigilation.
You will have 12 months from when you register with the LIBF, to complete each module and sit the exam. Your first exam is included in the registration fee for each module.
You won’t get a qualification from only completing our course, but you will be awarded the Certificate in Mortgage Advice & Practice from the London Institute of Banking & Finance (LIBF) after you have passed your exams. See previous FAQ about how the exams work for more information.
Comprising two unique units, the CeMAP 1 course has been carefully developed to provide students with a solid foundation in giving professional mortgage advice.
Unit 1 is called an ‘Introduction to Financial Services and Environment and Products’. This first unit is designed to give new advisors a general overview of their new sector and provide them with a strong knowledge base to build upon.
Unit 2 of the course will see participants learn about the UK Financial Services Regulations, allowing them to gain comprehensive knowledge of the strict laws created to guide advisors when assisting their clients with mortgages.
CeMAP 2 and 3 have been specially designed for trainee mortgage advisors to expand their subject knowledge by building on what they have already learned in CeMAP 1.
Simply entitled “Mortgages”, the CeMAP 2 course is divided into four separate units continuing sequentially from the CeMAP 1 course.
Unit 3 focuses on four topics – Policy, Mortgage Law, Markets and Practice.
Unit 4 then turns the student’s attention to the subject of mortgage applications, instructing trainee mortgage advisors how to understand and employ the essential documentation specifically designed for mortgages.
Unit 5 illustrates the different payment methods for mortgages and explores the wide array of products currently available on the market.
Unit 6 deals with mortgage arrears along with any issues that can arise prior to completion, to prepare potential advisors for typical obstacles occurring while advising and guiding their clients during a mortgage application.
The CeMAP 3 course has only one module:
This module is about assessing your mortgage advice and knowledge. This unit consolidates the knowledge you gained in Modules 1 & 2 and teaches you how to apply it to different scenarios.
Yes as often as you require. You have full access to the course module(s) you have paid for, and you can watch, pause and rewind the course content and videos as often as you want.
Any students that struggle to learn from home can upgrade to a CeMAP classroom course at any time by paying the difference in cost between a home study course and the classroom version.
Our Happy Customers